The Recording Process
14. Remember, it's emotion and feeling that make the best song, not necessarily the best technical rendition.
15. If you mess up a part while recording, don't stop and start over. That can easily cause you to burn out. Instead, check to see if the engineer can punch in the correction.
16. You don't have to fill all the tracks on the tape - don't try to force something that won't fit.
17. Always keep in mind the focus of your music. If it's the vocals, plan to spend the most time on them. Don't waste time on things that don't highlight the focal point.
18. Get the sound you want while recording, never assume you can fix it in the mix.
19. Unless you have unique effects, record individual tracks clean and add effects later.