The Recording Process
20. Don't necessarily double track everything. Doubling a lead vocal can hide all the subtleties that make a song personal and likable. (Although it can work well for a chorus).
21. Know when to quit for the day, if your tired if will show.
22. Keep guest out! It's your recording. Guest will distract you can menu sway your opinion of how the music should sound.
23. Make backup copies after every recording session.
24. Turn-up often!
25. Singers: always bring water but don't use ice! Ice constricts your vocal chords. Hot tea with lemon and honey works well to relax your vocal chords.
26. Always get a track listing and accurate time log from the studio.